HARDHAT 1.2 -> libc_nonshared.a not found by LD!

Paolo Scaffardi arsenio at tin.it
Tue Sep 5 19:20:22 EST 2000

I installed HardHat 1.2 on my i386 Linux box to cross-compiling for my
mpc823 fads board on the previous working hardhat version (Journeyman). I
had many projects and packages configured to cross-compile. I tried to
rebuild them with the new toolkit but i experienced one big problem that i
cannot resolve by myself.

While trying to configure and compile GGI, i got this error from the linker
(/opt/hardhat/devkit/ppc/8xx/powerpc-hardhat-linux/bin/ld):

cannot find /lib/libc_nonshared.a

It seems that the linker looks for it in the host /lib instead of target
/lib (under /opt/hardhat/devkit/8xx/powerpc-hardhat-linux/lib).

How can resolve this?

I spent one day to indagate on this... :-((

Bye,
Paolo