kernel panic on mcp750

Graham Stoney greyham at research.canon.com.au
Mon Sep 4 12:22:09 EST 2000

Stephen B Johnson writes:
> I'm observing a kernel panic when booting the kernel on a Motorola
> MCP750.  The panic indicates "Kernel panic: No init found.  Try passing
> init= option to kernel."

Look in init/main.c:init, where the kernel tries to exec an init program.
One of the steps is failing.  You can add printfs to find out which one.

Check the following:
    - Do you have CONFIG_SASH set?
	If so:
	    - does CONFIG_SASH_PATH exist?
	    - Is it statically linked?
	    - Do you have /dev/console on you root filesystem?

    - Do any of /sbin/init, /etc/init, /bin/init, /bin/sh exist?
    - Are the shared libraries set up to run the above correctly?

Regards,
Graham
--
Graham Stoney