Linux on Motorola Sandpoint/PPMC7400

Bob Doyle doyle at primenet.com
Sun Sep 3 15:42:55 EST 2000

I have code that initializes (some of) the sandpoint hardware -
enough to get the sandpoint to copy and gunzip stuff (code etc)
from the floppy disk to memory.  I program it into the PPMC
flash memory and use it to load a proprietary OS.  The floppy
code polls the floppy controller so I don't need to have
interrupts and DMA in the bootloader.

I also have code that knows how to initialize a couple of
different VGA cards that I use.

If someone was interested in making a more useful bootloader
for linux/sandpoint I'd look into cleaning it up (removing
the proprietary stuff) and releasing the code.

Bob.