MPC8260 boards with Linux support ?

Scott Howard scott.howard at windriver.com
Fri Sep 1 03:54:09 EST 2000

Monta Vista has the 2.4.0 kernel running on EST's SBC8260 board.

Monta Vista's documentation says that you need their ROM monitor (I think
it's called RMON) programmed into the board's flash memory in order to boot
Linux, but we were able to get it running under EST's monitor (visionWare)
with the help of about 20 lines of assembly code.

Scott