BDM recommendations

Matt Porter mporter at mvista.com
Fri Oct 27 05:57:04 EST 2000

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 01:38:53PM -0400, Kyle Harris wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking to purchase a new BDM emulator. Does anyone have
> suggestions. I've been using EST's for several years on the 68xxx
> platform and have been very pleased with it. But, of course, the PPC is
> not supported with my current model and they recommend upgrading to
> visionProbe for support ($$$).

Sounds like time to upgrade to a BDI2000 (http://www.abatron.ch).  For
your money you get a quality Ethernet JTAG probe with a telnet/GDB
frontend and the best support I have every received from any tools
vendor (HMI, EST, and Applied included).

Going EST buys you into the famous Windriver support vacuum. :)

--
Matt Porter
MontaVista Software, Inc.
mporter at mvista.com