Talking to the parrallel i/o ports

clark at esteem.com clark at esteem.com
Wed Oct 25 03:51:55 EST 2000

Hi Daris,

         I'm having a little trouble locating the source you were talking
about. I have tried looking at http://qslinux.org/snmc/qslinux/kernel  and
http://qslinux.org/snmc/qspin but they come up as 404 Not Found. I have
also looked at your ftp site under ftp://qslinux.org/snmc/qslinux/kernel
and ftp://qslinux.org/snmc/qspin with no luck. I was able to find
ftp://qslinux.org/pub/qslinux/ with complete source tar files. Do I have to
down load one of these?

         Thanks for the help.

         Conn

At 05:27 PM 10/23/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello Conn,
>
>I wrote a nice little I/O control subsystem for the MPC850.  It is in
>QSLinux (http://qslinux.org, ftp::/qslinux.org), and is in the
>subdirectories snmc/qslinux/kernel and snmc/qspin.
>
>The subsystem gives you the ability to check, request, and configure the
>function of the I/O pins on the MPC850.  It is modeled after the I/O
>address allocator for the 80x86 architecture.  You can access the
>subsystem either from kernel space, or from a user space program.
>
>You will need to modify the subsystem for operation with other MPC8xx
>processor (i.e. the MPC860 has more I/O pins). But this should not be
>difficult.
>
>I don't have a command-line driven program that interfaces to the
>subsystem, but if you write one and are willing to share it I would love
>to have a copy :-).
>
>Regards,
>Daris
>

>clark at esteem.com wrote:
> >
> > Hello everyone,
> >  my stuff blah blah blah
> >

>--
>Daris A Nevil
>Simple Network Magic Corporation
>401 Kentucky Lane
>McKinney, TX 75069
>214-793-7757
>dnevil at snmc.com
>www.snmc.com
>quickstack.com
>qslinux.org

   If you live at home long enough, your parrents will move out.

Conn Clark
Engineering Stooge				clark at esteem.com
Electronic Systems Technology Inc.		www.esteem.com

Stock Ticker Symbol				ELST