HDLC/PPP Driver

Daris A Nevil dnevil at snmc.com
Tue Oct 24 00:11:15 EST 2000

Hi Julia,

I've not tested the HDLC/PPP driver on SCC2, so there could be a bug
lurking there.  Check the table named "SCC_Params" in the hdlcppp.c
file.  Also check to make sure that the constants in that table are
defined correctly in the associated .h files.

Other than that I can't figure out how the kernel would confuse the
network device "hdlcppp2" for "enet".  The hdlcppp.c file registers each
device using the "register_netdev()" function, and this relies on the
device name.

If it had been the receive function that was called by mistake then I
would suggest that the hdlc/ppp driver was overwriting the IRQ vector
table incorrectly.  But the transmit function,
hdlc_ppp_hard_start_xmit(), is called directly from the network stack
(sorry about the bogus comment in that function header).

Daris

--
Daris A Nevil
Simple Network Magic Corporation