mbxboot->head.S

Konstantin konstantin.sabodash at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon Oct 16 05:30:57 EST 2000

I try to port Kernel to custom MPC860 board.
BSEIP architecture is close to my board.
I used  pROBE   to load zvmImage on my board . ELF loader put   .text
section straight into 0x180000.
With current head.S  you lose  value of R7 which should contain zImage
length.
I fixed it  and I pass to Kernel R3 through R7 registers with valid
context.

Still, nothing  happen.  In log_buf I see that kernel  reports 0 K ( and
some negative values ) memory allocation for its buffers and pages.

The question is what else, besides R3-R7 wee need to pass to kernel  to
make it work?
I assume that MMU and  other hardware already set up.

Any idea are welcome.

Constantine.