<kernel-image-name>

Zhaobin Zhu zzhu at emc.com
Sat Oct 14 06:47:27 EST 2000

Hi,

I am setting up host (Redhat 6.2 i386) for sp7400 boot over NFS.

I do this following instructions on manual for Hardhat CDK 1.2

When configuring TFTP, to create a symbolic link to boot file
in /tftpboot,

ln -s /opt/hardhat/devkit/ppc/82xx/target/boot/<kernel-image-name>
<kernel-image-name>

What should I give to <kernel-image-name> ?

When I do "make zImage", I got two binaries, vmlinux and zvmlinux. I also
create a S-record file.
Which of the 3 files do I use as <kernel-image-name> ?

BTW, what is the role of tftp in kernel boot on NFS ?
I don't see any tftp message when kernel is booting ?

Thanks,

--
 Zhaobin Zhu
 zzhu at emc.com