Segmentation fault

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Oct 7 00:57:36 EST 2000

Hello H.S. Kim,

first of all: please fix your mail setup!!!

"root at localhost.localdomain" is NOT a valid email address!

In message <00100618093700.11698 at localhost.localdomain> H.S. Kim wrote:

> I compiled the binutil, gcc,  kernel and glibc without errors.
> binutil-2.20.0.26
> gcc-2.95.2
> mpc8xx-2.2.13
> glibc-2.1.3
> *** Result ***
> p = strrchr(filename,'/')  -> segmentation fault

Building a cross-development environment for the MPC8xx is a
non-trivial task. There is some description in the Embedded PPC
HOWTO, and there are ready to use build scripts and/or images, for
instance from our web page
(http://www.denx.de/solutions-en.html#CDK), from MontaVista, RedHat,
and others.

Most probably you have made a mistake when building GCC and/or glibc.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
A bore is someone who persists in holding his own views after we have
enlightened him with ours.