fb on mpc823

Dan Malek dan at mvista.com
Tue Nov 28 07:10:22 EST 2000

Kyle Harris wrote:

> ... I'm a little confused (not unusual :). Which device should
> /dev/fb0 be? fbmem.c opens a device using major 29. But lcd823.c....

The confusion is probably not your fault this time :-).  Don't use
the old lcd driver that has my name in it.  That was just something
I hacked together one day for testing.  I posted it so someone that
knew something about frame buffers would really write one.

Fortunately, someone did.  I believe it was Joe Green from MontaVista
that did a real framebuffer driver.  Go to the MontaVista web site
and find the CDK 1.2 with the 2.2.14 kernel.

	-- Dan

--

	I like MMUs because I don't have a real life.