init problems with 2.4.0 kernel

Matthew Locke mlocke at mvista.com
Wed Nov 22 03:50:27 EST 2000

t.shantha.laxmi at exgate.tek.com wrote:
> It is a ppc board running linux kernel 2.4.0-test2-1.2.2-1. I have
> downloaded the kernel from the mvista site. I am using CDK1.0(again got from
> mvista) as the root filesystem. With my earlier version of the kernel
> (2.2.13), I was not facing this problem.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated,
> - Shantha

First let me say that 2.4 is still considered an unstable kernel.
Montavista only supports the 2.4 kernel for a couple of arch that are
only in 2.4.  If you are looking to upgrade your kernel for a product
release, stick with 2.2.14. otherwise, always use the latest 2.4 kernel
and expect something to be broken.

Matthew Locke
Montavista Software