dink32 downloads

Alex Shnitman alexsh at hectic.net
Thu Nov 16 01:52:31 EST 2000

Hi, Adrian!

On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 01:38:29PM +0000, you wrote the following:

> Has anybody got a reliable recipe for downloading code over the serial
> port to a Sandpoint running dink32 (version 12, rev 0)? I'd prefer to do
> it from Linux, but right now I'd accept NT.

I work with the Sandpoint via minicom, and upload the files via
ascii-xfr. In minicom I give it the command 'sb -k 38400', then change
the speed in minicom (Alt-P G Enter; may be mistaken, reciting from
memory), and then type on the command line 'ascii-xfr -svn file >
/dev/ttyS0' . It then uploads the file fine at 38400. (You have to
make sure the file has Unix-style newlines, though.)

--
Alex Shnitman                            | http://www.debian.org
alexsh at hectic.net, alexsh at linux.org.il   +-----------------------

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.