GDB for host development platform

john zhan johnzhan at btamail.net.cn
Sat Nov 11 18:34:32 EST 2000

Thank you, Daris and Cal, for your reponse.
I believe cross-debugger is good way,no mater the
connection method, serial or Ethernet.
My point is the native debugger targeted exec-file.
The background of my idea is that I will build a new
 ppc system which have all necessary peripheral including
a harddisk, keyboard ,  graphics device and other
standard port.
Base this platform to develop embedded applications,
In fact,I am afraid I will break the traditional development
 mode ,discard the host machine, combine host and  target
 physically, all in one,  like programming in linux/pc.
 I think it can be easy acceptable.
So,I hope GDB can work with exec-file target in a standalone
linux/ppc machine.
It is the worst news that GDB is not ready for linux/ppc exec-file target.
Can someone tell me more about this?
But I can still use GDB targeted extended-remote in native environment.right?

Thanks in advance.

john zhan.