plain 2.2.17 works on mvme2604 - learning more

jlhagen at collins.rockwell.com jlhagen at collins.rockwell.com
Fri Nov 10 04:31:50 EST 2000

Hello,

First thanks for the nfs suggestions. The 'root=/tftpboot/192.168.1.5 rw '
works as expected.

Second I got a response back from someone using a fresh (kernel.org) 2.2.17
build on their mvme2303 boards( thanks xavier) . So I gave it a shot and
picked up the arch/ppc/boot/zImage and it loads/boots just fine. It is also
mounting the NFS root file system as expected.

So I just wanted to put this in the list for others to find.  I hope this
is not an indication of duplication of effort on Gabriel's and ppc kernel
hackers. That would be wasting too much talent.

JH