Debugger Problems

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Nov 6 20:39:11 EST 2000

In message <3A06703F.6D5DBB23 at dspace.de> you wrote:

> I want to port the Monta Vista Linux Kernel on our
> customspecific board. I want to use the EST Debugger

Which firmware are you running on your board? Do you know  about  the
PPCBoot project (http://ppcboot.sourceforge.net)?

> from Windriver, but there are some problems with using
> the MMU, specially while debugging the startup code.

Did you check the Embedded PowerPC HOWTO at
http://members.nbci.com/greyhams/linux/PowerPC-Embedded-HOWTO.html ?

> Is there anybody with experience
> in using the EST Debugger with Linuxcode ?

Can you explain what "some problems" means?

One typical problem in bad intialization of the Debug Even  Register;
make sure DER is set to 0x2002000F or similar before starting Linux.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The use of Microsoft crippleware systems is a sin that  carries  with
it its own punishment.
         -- Tom Christiansen in <6bo3fr$pj8$5 at csnews.cs.colorado.edu>