A few bugfixes

Ian Abbott abbotti at mev.co.uk
Fri Nov 3 21:20:11 EST 2000

I wrote:

> "epicom" wrote:
>
> >  I have found several bugs in versions 2.4.0-test*, I don't
> > know if they
> > exist
> > in 2.2.* versions, but it is posible.
>
> The first two (of three) do.
>
> The first one:
> > ~(PAGE_MASK-1)));
>
> is logically wrong but I think it is a harmless bug.

Actually, please ignore the bit about it being a harmless bug. I'll
leave that for others to decide. (I don't want to delve into the
virtual memory implementation to work it out for myself, but I'm still
wondering why the function appears to be mostly preserving the upper
bits of the virtual address, rather than the lower bits.)

--
-=( Ian Abbott @ MEV Ltd.    E-mail: <abbotti at mev.co.uk>             )=-
-=( Tel: +44 (0)161 477 1898   FAX: +44 (0)161 718 3587              )=-