IBM PowerPC - Linux Connections?

Geir Frode Raanes geirfrs at invalid.ed.ntnu.no
Tue May 30 17:51:34 EST 2000

On Mon, 29 May 2000, Mark Morrill wrote:

> http://www.chips.ibm.com/products/powerpc/linux/
>
> I've been looking for a means to build a Linux appliance and this IBM url
> seems to have the answer - except for a real product I can play with.
>
> Anybody know where I could get my hands on one of these boards?

Which one - the IBM 405GP Evaluation Kit [hint] or the
PC-in-disguise; PowerPC Open Platform reference design?

To have the latter I suppose you could just as well lay
your hands on one of the demised PReP/CHRP machines.
Small wonder Apple Just Said No.

  Never ever underestimate the power of human stupidity.
  -Robert Anson Heinlein

		GeirFRS at invalid.and.so.forth