Floating Point problems with Linux on the EST SBC8260

Neil Russell caret at c-side.com
Thu May 25 09:06:40 EST 2000

On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 06:26:27PM -0400, Dan Malek wrote:
> You should be able to lift the driver from the 2.3.99 kernel and make
> a couple of minor modifications.  There are just a couple of obvious
> places where the kernel/driver interface changes (synchronization points),
> and then add the 8260 interrupt and cache snooping changes.  It may be
> easier to take the 8xx enet.c driver from 2.2.13 and apply 8260 changes.

I'm taking the 2.2 version and going from there, as I did with the SMC driver.

> Are you using SMC1 for the console?  Is this a custom board?

console = SMC1.  First ported to SBC8260 (EST board), then to custom h/w.
The custom h/w has an IDE interface;  I hope to get the whole linux-1999 Q3
working on it;  that should be interesting.

> Do you want any of the work patched into 2.2.15 or 2.3.99?

Sure!  It might be a few weeks though...

Neil.

--
Neil Russell <caret at c-side.com>