Porting LinuxPPC

Daniel Wu Daniel.Wu at alcatel.com.au
Tue May 23 17:18:36 EST 2000

Hi,

Thanks to all who responsed to my last qeustion. The problem was that the immr
was not setup correctly. Also since it is a custom board (MPC860T based), I had
to rewrite code to fill in the bd_t structure. The board is now sending
characters to the console, which is good but I still have one of the original
problems: I can only step through the code using the BDM debugger, but when I
run the code, it generates a software emulation exception and stops.

After some investigation, it seems that I can run the code up to the point
where the instructure cache is enabled - actually only a few lines at the top
of the startup code. My question is: are there any restrictions on when the
cache can be enabled? Are there anything else I've missed.

Thanks,
Daniel