MBX boot problems

Graham Stoney greyham at research.canon.com.au
Mon May 22 12:23:54 EST 2000

Hi Brent,

Brent writes:
> At this point, things go bad.  I've tried two things. 1) hitting enter and
> letting things fall as they may.  This didn't work since there seemed to
> be a problem with it dropping the middle digit of the first octet of the
> src/dst IP addresses in the boot args.  2)  explicitly defining the boot
> arguments with appropriate settings.

Do you by any chance have the CPU6 workarounds enabled?

If so, try commenting out the following lines in
arch/ppc/kernel/head.S:set_dec:

        lis     r7, cmd_line at h                  ###
        ori     r7, r7, cmd_line at l              ###
        li      r4, 0x2c00                      ###
        stw     r4, 12(r7)                      ###
        lwz     r4, 12(r7)                      ###

This workaround will cause your kernel command line to get trashed.

Regards,
Graham
--
Graham Stoney