Porting LinuxPPC

Ralph Blach rcblach at raleigh.ibm.com
Fri May 19 23:09:31 EST 2000

Daris,

I disagree.  I beleive that the Kernel load simply must be above
0x80000000.
And I you want to put a lot of memory in one of these systems, it had
better be movable down from 0xc0000000.  On the IBM405gp and I assume,
the 8xx systems, all of real memory is pinned
into a to TLB's.  Well, if one can't move the memory base down the the
real memory available is from 0xc0000000 to whereve the IO starts.  In
the IBM405gp, this is at 0xe80000000.

Chip