How to get rom code to go on FADS?

Richard Hendricks richard.hendricks at motorola.com
Thu May 18 05:08:56 EST 2000

"Dan A. Dickey" wrote:

> > Nicolas-Peter Pohland wrote:
> > >
> > > Did you try "rms der 0" (assuming you have the ADI board and MPC8bug SW)
> >
> > Nope, haven't tried that.  I'll look at it later tonight; thanks
> > for the tip.
>
> Good!  Fantastic tip.
> This helps tremendously, especially in the fact that now I can
> actually boot and run the kernel on my fads... while the ADI &
> mpc8bug are connected.  Before that, I would always get the
> InstructionTLBMiss exception - and of course, mpc8bug didn't
> really know anything about the address.
>
> Also, I'm also now running in "stand alone" mode - with the
> ADI & mpc8bug disconnected.  Straight from the flash.
>
> For me, this is great news.  I know that most of you don't
> give a hoot!  :)

Au Contraire, I care very much, being the MPC823 support body! :)

> So, I'm attributing this recent success to:
>         A)  Setting SYPCR in the rom code fairly early on.
>         B)  Issuing a "rms der 0" to mpc8bug when it is connected.

Interesting.  So clearing the SYPCR early in the ROM code is what
was preventing you from getting the code to run stand-alone?  Kinda
odd, considering the initial value of the watchdog is very long,
and you were having problems getting your Aux LED to turn on
right at the very beginning.

--
MPC823 Applications Engineering Development
Get help from other MPC823 customers on the