Linuxppc + MPC860T + Ethernet

Norbert Zimmermann zimmer_n at gmx.de
Wed May 17 22:32:14 EST 2000

Hello everybody,

has anybody experienced using the Motorola MPC860T with Linuxppc and
10BeseT / 100BaseTX in terms of drivers, accessing drivers, etc?

I am planing to use the MPC860T in the configuration mentioned above as
a programmable Ethernet Controller. For speed reasons I have to
interface the rest of the system with the MPC860T using the 32 Bit
syncronous Databus of the machine.

My key questions are (@ the mom):
- How difficult is it to get the Ethernet side of the MPC860T to work.
- Where can I get Linuxppc Ethernet-Drivers for that purpose from?
- Where can I get fully documented protocoll stacks, like UDP or TCPIP,
from?
- How do I drive the external bus of the MPC860T using Linuxpppc?

I have just started of working with this machine.. I am a complete
newbie..

Thanx a lot
N. Zimmermann