How to get rom code to go on FADS?

Richard Hendricks richard.hendricks at motorola.com
Sat May 13 02:33:55 EST 2000

What do you mean, exactly?  How to get it to run stand-alone?  The
way I understand it, the 8xxROM code is designed to work stand-alone.

Do you mean running with the ADI&MPC8bug connected?  In that case,
you could try reseting the ADS board without letting MPC8bug run its
default configuration scripts (type "reset :ni" I believe).  This will
not initialize any of the on-chip registers.  You might have to turn
on the ADS board, start MPC8bug, shut off the ADS board, turn the
ADS board back on again, then run "reset :ni" in order for this to
work properly, since MPC8bug does a reset when it starts.  This will
make sure the registers are in their default state.  Once you do that,
you should be able to do a "go", and the CPU should start automatically
at 0x0100.  Remember though, MPC8bug doesn't do address translation, so
it will have problems displaying memory locations once the MMU's have
been enabled.

--
MPC823 Applications Engineering Development
Get help from other MPC823 customers on the