Help about the libc-2.1.1 segmentation fault

kd at flaga.is kd at flaga.is
Fri May 12 20:33:28 EST 2000

If you want to go the glibc2.1.x route stick with x=3. It is the one giving
the least problems and has stable pthread support for the powerpc. The
pthread support was somehow flaky both for x=1 and x=2 (in my experience).
Just dont forget to apply the necessary patches (Cacheline size patch and
fpu patch) and dont to forget to remove the memset.S file!!!!

I also have been playing with diffrent libraries (although now I am just
using glibc 2.1.3) and what I did is that installed just couple of
"embedded filesystem" which I could switch between just by changing the
export file for the NFS server. ( I am booting the boards over NFS).

Hope this helps,

K.D.