IDE on MPC821

Steve Rossi srossi at ccrl.mot.com
Mon May 8 22:31:41 EST 2000

Its rather trivial to put an ide device - i.e. a harddisk -
directly on the external bus of the MPC8xx - with maybe
some buffering and address decode to select between
IDE's two chip selects - or if you can afford it, just use
two of the 8xx's chip selects.

Steve

Steven K. Rossi                     srossi at ccrl.mot.com
Staff Engineer
Multimedia Communications Research Laboratory
Motorola Labs