RAM disk size

Mike Flynn mike.psc at connectnet.com
Sat May 6 21:16:45 EST 2000

I need to flash an image larger than 4 megs to an Embedded Planet RPX CLLF
(860T) board with 8 MB of flash. I'm having a problem making a RAM disk file
image larger than 4 MB on a LinuxPPC host preceding the download to the
target:

mkfs -m 0 /dev/ram XXXX
or
mke2fs -c /dev/ram XXXX

 with XXXX anything more than 4000 returns the following message:

"Filesystem larger than apparent filesystem size.
Proceed anyway? (y,n)"

Proceeding "anyway" seems to work until any activity that would put more
than 4 MB in /dev/ram (mounted as /mnt) yields:

"No space left on device"

How do I get beyond this host limitation to use more of the available flash
on the CLLF board?

Thanks,
Mike Flynn
Enerdyne Technologies