Interference between SCC serial and ethernet

Brown, David (dbrown03) DBrown03 at harris.com
Wed May 3 22:43:26 EST 2000

Okay, since SCC serial and ethernet are known to work simultaneously, I'll
be looking for problems in my board configuration or in the board itself.
We have used the board for a few years, the Ethernet portion is being
exercised for the first time by me.

I'm not expecting help on this .. it's the kind of problem that's hard to
diagnose/debug over a mailing list.  I boot up with root=/dev/ram ip=...,
and Ethernet gets setup and enabled at boot.  Then I use the SCC serial
ports, and they work fine.  Then I ping the board over Ethernet, and the SCC
serial ports don't work anymore.

If I do find software problems in the kernel, I'll certainly report them,
but I'm now expecting to find something wrong with the board or something
wrong with my configuration.
--
Dave Brown <dbrown03 at harris.com>