MPC860T

duncanp at research.canon.com.au duncanp at research.canon.com.au
Mon May 1 12:05:43 EST 2000

On 28 Apr, Ruedi.Hofer at ascom.ch wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm using kernel 2.2.13 from bossek's site
> (http://www.solutions4linux.de/powerpc.html, which is a copy of the kernel
> from ftp://ftp.ppc.kernel.org/pub/linuxppc/embedded/)
> including its patches as well as patches for fpu, pcmcia...

There are quite a few things missing from this one, including a bunch
of errata workarounds which allow the data cache to be turned on with
earlier 860T revs - so it is worth using the mvista kernel.

> 1. When I compile the SCC1 enet AND the FEC, the kernel crashes after having
> issued the message:
>>eth0: CPM ENET Version 0.2, 08:00:3e:26:15:59
>
> What I discovered is, that the 'FETH ENABLE' LED (BCSR4, Bit4) on the daughterboard
> is always off!

It is likely that you'll need to tweak fec.c for the hardware on your
board. By the sounds of it, writing to FETH_ENABLE before doing anything
would be a good idea for a start. What type of PHY does the board have?

> 2. As far as I can see there ain't no support for the ADS, FADS boards in
> the mvista 2.2.13 kernel!

I'm pretty sure there is support for FADS in there (and maybe ADS too),
but I think it comes under the name CONFIG_MBX rather than
CONFIG_FADS/CONFIG_ADS

> Below the copy of the .config:
>
> #
> # Automatically generated by make menuconfig: don't edit
> #
>
> #
> # Platform support
> #
> CONFIG_PPC=y
> # CONFIG_6xx is not set
> # CONFIG_PPC64 is not set
> CONFIG_8xx=y
> # CONFIG_MPC821 is not set
> # CONFIG_MPC823 is not set
> # CONFIG_MPC850 is not set
> CONFIG_MPC860=y
> # CONFIG_MPC860T is not set

CONFIG_MPC860T should be set here, not CONFIG_MPC860

It looks pretty good to me otherwise.