Question on QSPAN Driver

Jason Wohlgemuth jsw-embedded at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 21 13:07:52 EST 2000

Dan and Steve,

The way we got the qspan up and running was to check a GPIO pin to see
whether or not the Qspan was present, inside pci_init or pcibios_init (I did
this a while ago), and if it was present we intialized the qspan and scanned
the bus then, this prevented the majority of the problems of running the
pci_scanner code from the bootrom since the linux exception vectors are
there.  I am glad to hear that people are using the Qspan II, since we
intend to shift to that chip soon, so any issues that you all run into I
would love to hear about or assist you.

Jason