Query: kernel version for MPC750/MPC7400

Dan Malek dan at netx4.com
Wed Jun 28 02:46:53 EST 2000

Tom Roberts wrote:

> How about on an embedded MPC750 or MPC7400? Before joining this
> list I discovered Kernel version 2.2.15 on Yellowdog and have been
> using that.

That should work.  The question was directed toward 8xx processors,
so I thought I would answer that.

> There are zillions of references to CONFIG_8xx throughout the source.

All old, broken, out of date.  All of the updates in the "stand-alone"
8xx kernels were too much to be allowed into the "official" kernel
sources.  With 2.4.xx coming, I think I will just make that one
work and not fight to get the changes into 2.2.

	-- Dan