why open("dev/console",O_RDWR,0) get stuck

Wentao Xu xuwentao at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 27 19:54:30 EST 2000

I have the code from Monta Vista on my prietary board,
I find
it get stuck in the open("dev/console",..) in fucntion
init()
in init/main.c, just before to start the shell from
ramdisk.
So I put a printk("ppc405_uic_enable\n") in function
ppc405_uic_enable()
and a printk("ppc405_uic_disable_and_ack\n") in
function ppc405_uic_disable_and_ack().
both functions are in file
arch\ppc\kernel\ppc4xx_pic.c.

At last I found a output of infinite train of
ppc405_uic_enable
ppc405_uic_disable_and_ack
ppc405_uic_enable
ppc405_uic_disable_and_ack
ppc405_uic_enable
ppc405_uic_disable_and_ack
ppc405_uic_enable
ppc405_uic_disable_and_ack
........,

I get lost. Which friends can give me an idea?

Wentao

http://mail.yahoo.com/