communication with the FADS823 through ethernet

Navin Boppuri nboppuri at myiagent.com
Tue Jun 20 23:02:07 EST 2000

Hi Kirk,

Thanks for the 8xxrom. I was not able to check my mail and so did not know
that you sent me the code.

You put the code for tftp in the rom code. I am looking at the RedHat
embedded developement kit and the way they work with the MBX board is that
they use a DHCP service to actually actually assign the target an IP number
using its ethernet address. The ethernet address is already set by EPPCBug.
I dont think that is the case with the 8xxrom. The MBX debugger, EPCbug uses
the NIOT command to get the ethernet address. Is there some way we can set
the ethernet address in the 8xxrom for the FADS board? The MBX then uses
tftpboot to boot the board through a network. Any way to simulate this on
the FADS?