PPCBoot (previous 8xxROM) Project update

Larry Battraw battraw at home.com
Sun Jun 11 10:31:23 EST 2000

			Hello,

	I thought I'd mention a project I have worked on for 403-based
boards...  It's called PPCForth (http://ppcforth.sourceforge.net).  It
is currently targeted for the IBM 403, as I don't have an 8xx board to
try it on yet (this is a goal for the future).  It is rom-able so you
can boot directly from it, and has some ifdef's to slim the code down to
as little as 10K or as large as 30K.  It accepts S records over the
serial port for loading other software.  Unfortunately it is written in
assembly, but then it's really small, right?  ;-)  Anyway, I've used it
for a couple years and gradually improved it.  I released it recently
under the GPL, so hopefully it will be useful to someone.  Oh, and it is
(as may be obvious) a small implementation of FORTH which is handy for
testing and small programs, although I went overboard and included
multitasking and a lot of low-level device control words.

Larry