allocating non-cacheable regions

Steve Rossi srossi at ccrl.mot.com
Fri Jun 2 06:10:04 EST 2000

Well I found the solution - I needed to added an  extern
invalidate_dcache_range() declaration to include/asm/cache.h then the kernel will
compile with invalidate_dcache_range exported in ppc_ksyms.c (contrary to what
I reported, my problem with compiling the device driver as a module was that the
kernel wouldn't compile with invalidate_dcache_range exported - not that it
wouldn't boot. I just wasn't remembering correctly when I wrote that.) Now I can
compile the driver as a module with invalidate_dcache_range and it works!

My problem with the kernel not booting was actually related to compiling the
driver into the kernel. I have to investigate this further because it used to
work.

Steve

Steven K. Rossi                     srossi at ccrl.mot.com
Staff Engineer