FrameBuffer support on PPC Kernels

Paolo Scaffardi arsenio at tin.it
Mon Jul 31 19:24:45 EST 2000

I'm writing a framebuffer device for my 8xx PPC platform (a loadable
module). To do this i must enable the framebuffer support on the kernel, to
resolve the calls to "register_framebuffer" of the device.

The problem is that by enabling the framebuffer support on the kernel
(without any other fb driver inside) the kernel doesn't compiles and reports
that "video_init" doesn't exists (called from main.c).

I am using MPC8xx-2.2.13 kernel. With the mvista kernel 2.2.13-7 i have the
same problem and another one when i try to enable "loadable module support".
It can be done because of "init_modules" and other functions that cannot be
referenced by "main.c". Why that? How can i enable the framebuffer support?

Please help me!

- MAY THE PINGUIN B WITH U -

Best regards,
Paolo Scaffardi