Req. help about SCC2 and SCC3 as ethernet.

Hyun-Joon Cha tachyon at postech.ac.kr
Fri Jul 28 00:38:13 EST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Malek" <dan at netx4.com>
To: "Hyun-Joon Cha" <tachyon at postech.ac.kr>
Cc: <linuxppc-embedded at lists.linuxppc.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2000 11:00 PM
Subject: Re: Req. help about SCC2 and SCC3 as ethernet.

> How do you know that is where it stops?

We are currently using remote GDB with abatron BDI2000. In console_serial_write function, this function can't return any character....

> With SCC3, you are now
> trying to configure Port B, which is also used for the SMC1 configuration.
> Perhaps the console and kernel are working fine, and you just messed up
> the I/O pins for SMC1.

All pin assignments are correct, and during setting port B, we checked the pbpar,pbdir,pbodr also. nothing changed.

> You will also need to make source code changes to enet.c, as it doesn't
> have a standard set of instructions for configuring port B as Ethernet
> control/data pins.

We've changed all port configurations.

> -- Dan

Do you have any code which enables SCC3 for ethernet on 850SAR?

Thank you