What kernel for a MPC823FADS and PCMCIA?

clark at esteem.com clark at esteem.com
Sat Jul 22 02:05:50 EST 2000

At 10:21 AM 7/21/00 +0200, you wrote:

>I have a MPC823FADS and i want to make a simple Linux box with ETHERNET and
>PCMCIA support.
>
>What is the right kernel to use and patches to make the PCMCIA working on
>the board?
>
>I'm very confused... i probably had to buy another board... MVista doesn't
>support my board... why?!?!?!
>
>Bye,
>Paolo.

        Paolo,

        You need to get the pcmcia suport package called
pcmcia-cs-3.1.10.tar.gz or what ever the newest one is. You can find it and
some patches and instructions on how to get it to work with a RPX LITE 823
board at ftp://ftp.absoval.com/pub/rpxlite/ . You may have to tweak it to
work with your board. I'm sorry I can't be more help to you from here,
because this is the stage I am at.

        Good Luck,

        Conn Clark