-= MVME 2300 =-

Crusman Crusman at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jul 14 06:03:00 EST 2000

>The configurations I have are for 2600 with a PMC graphics board, remove
>CONFIG_VT from the setup and it will use a serial console.
>
>BTW use PrePboot for these boards (CONFIG_PREPBOOT) since it gives a nicer
>PCI layout to access the VMEbus...
>
>Please use the patches mvme2600.*.bz2...

I have tested the patches but the new kernel don't see the scsi device...so
I can't try it anyway !

>My systems work with an SCSI disk (the basic 2600 NCR53c825).
>Did you try to directly boot one of the images I have on my ftp site ?
>
>(If it works, you've got a configuration problem.)
>
> Gabriel

Yes, I have tested your kernel, but there is a message ( PC keyb error... or
something like this) wich lock the kernel during the boot ! It's probably
due to the Virtual Terminal support in the kernel !
I always use the "console=ttyS0,9600" kernel option.

In short :

- I can't use your kernel because of the PC_key error !
- I can't patch & build a new kernel because this new kernel don't see my
SCSI PMC !

What can I do ?

Lionel