Debug PowerPC application with GDB over network on a i386

Frank Smith smith at amirix.com
Sun Jul 9 21:11:43 EST 2000

Hi Raphael,

I've used DDD on an x86 host, talking over rsh to
a gdb running on the powerpc target.

It works, but sometimes the communication between the
host and the target isn't very responsive-- I think
there's probably buffereing issues involved.

To try it out, just read the DDD docs. I believe the
invocation of ddd is something like

ddd --host USER at TARGET BINARY

Frank.