Unable to mount root fs...

Kwansuk Kim kskim at neowave.co.kr
Thu Jul 6 22:19:02 EST 2000

At last! My kernel started operating on the custom board.

but, soon it halted as followed.

I think the compress ramdisk image is loaded well, and it seems decompressed well as the console output "Compressed image found ..."

but why can't the kernel mount the file system?

I use the kernel included in redhat edk.

Now booting the kernel
ttyS00 at 0x0380 is a SMC
ttyS01 at 0x0100 is a SCC
ttyS02 at 0x0200 is a SCC
pty: 256 Unix98 ptys configured
RAM disk driver initialized:  16 RAM disks of 4096K size
eth0: CPM ENET Version 0.2, 00:01:c4:00:00:b1
Rebooting in 180 seconds..