PCI-Interrupts with QSpan an Winbond on MBX860

Stephan Ruettiger (r0337c) r0337c at email.sps.mot.com
Tue Jul 4 03:13:22 EST 2000

I have a PCI card on a MBX860 that works fine. I can access the io space
through a module, the card generates interrupts but I'm not able to get
the interrupt handler working. This is because the QSpan and the Winbond
doesn't pass interrupts.

I guess that some registers are incorrect (EPPCbug?). Could someone tell
me in which place of the kernel the settings should be done.

The kernel is 2.2.13 with some patches.

some logs:
#cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  5:       3231   8xx SIU       cpm
 15:          0   8xx SIU       tbint
BAD:          0
# cat /proc/pci
cat uses obsolete /proc/pci interface
PCI devices found:
  Bus  0, device   3, function  0:
    ISA bridge: Winbond W83C553 (rev 5).
      Medium devsel.  Master Capable.  No bursts.
  Bus  0, device   3, function  1:
    IDE interface: Winbond SL82C105 (rev 5).
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  IRQ 14.  Master
Capable.  No b
ursts.  Min Gnt=2.Max Lat=40.
      I/O at 0x1f0 [0x1f1].
      I/O at 0x3f4 [0x3f5].
      I/O at 0x170 [0x171].
      I/O at 0x374 [0x375].
      I/O at 0x1000420 [0x1000421].
      I/O at 0x1000430 [0x1000431].
  Bus  0, device   7, function  0:
    Non-VGA device: Motorola Unknown device (rev 0).
      Vendor id=1057. Device id=5804.
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  IRQ 10.  Master
Capable.  No b
ursts.
      I/O at 0x1000000 [0x1000001].
      I/O at 0x1000100 [0x1000101].