linuxppc-embedded: main kernel tree

Alan Mimms alan at packetengines.com
Thu Jan 27 08:06:44 EST 2000

Thank you.  However, since I started out with the 2.2.13 sources and found
they just didn't work really at all on the CLLF (a driver bug somewhere?  I've
never done the diffs to try to find out.), I abandoned that approach and
relucantly went with the source tree you posted.  As you pointed out earlier
today, going with the real (ftp.kernel.org) source trees has huge advantages if
you can make it work for you.  But I failed on that path.

Now I'm wondering if I'll encounter the same sorts of difficulties with the
2.3.x kernel (2.3.18 might be the best place to start?).  Do you have a feeling
for whether the CLLF board will work with 2.3.18?  Certainly the 2.2.13 from
the ftp.us.kernel.org did NOT work, even configured precisely as your kernel
was configured.

Thanks very much, Dan.  You're helping me a LOT.  I hope someday to be able to
give back what I'm taking during this process, but I gotta get started first.

--
Alan Mimms     Packet Engines, Inc.     Spokane, Washington [99214-0497]
  USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, The Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, U0