debugging a PPC405GP target

Rolf Fiedler Rolf.Fiedler at Ferrari.DE
Mon Jan 24 20:10:28 EST 2000

Hi there,

currently we are looking for a solution to debug gcc generated code
on the PPC405GP target. All debuggers I have found so far are hosted
on Win9x/NT. This is sub-optimal, since our tool-chain is hosted on
linux.

I know that I can use gdb with a gdb-server running on the target,
however I prefer access to the JTAG debug port of the PPC405GP.
The Macraigor Wiggler devices support JTAG debugging for PPC405
in the same way as for Motorola MPC8xx devices. There is a gdb
target for MPC8xx and Wigglers. What I would like to do is adapt
the source for the MPC8xx target to PPC405. My problem is that
I have no documentation about the PPC405 JTAG debug port (and couldn't
find it on ibm's web site either)
Is there anybody out there that knows of:
a) documentation for the debug port of the PPC405GP?
b) a different solution to the problem?
c) knows of somebody who has already done this?
any help is higly appreciated
kind regards,
rolf

--