Cross-compile Applications for 860 on x86

Jim Lewis jlewis at mvista.com
Mon Jan 17 15:35:01 EST 2000

dony wrote:

> Jim Lewis wrote:
>
> > dony wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I download a older version of sash and now it works. It can run any built-in commands , but it fails to run
> > > external programs , such as my test program "mytest". I put it both on / and /bin.
> > > "-printenv" shows "PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/etc". When I type "mytest" or "/bin/mytest" on the command prompt ">" , it
> > > says "No such file or directory". And I cannot find some lines
> > > about  "SASH"  in init/main.c.
> > > Do you know why?
> >
> > Sounds like it  cannot find shared objects such as libc.so. You have two choices:
> > 1) when you link the program, add the "-static" option
>
> If I compile my test program which have only one "printf" line with "-static", It is about 1M size!  So I don't think
> it's a good idea for me now.
>

> > 2) put the necessary libraries in /lib
>
> "rpc.nfsd -F -d call" says that it cannot find /etc/ld.so.cache and /etc/ld.so.preload. Yes, I have not these two files
> after I decompress mbxroot.full.tgz.
> Would you please send me a copy of these files? Thank you very much.h.

You don't really need those files. If they are not there, the loader will just look in the default places for the
libraries. A hello-world program will probably need /lib/ld.so.1 and /lib/libc.so.

If you do want those files, it would be best to build ldconfig and run it to generate ld.so.cache.

--
Jim Lewis