Building Glibc

Graham Stoney greyham at research.canon.com.au
Thu Jan 13 09:55:39 EST 2000

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Ren=E9?= Pachernegg writes:
> I am trying to build the newest gcc as my powerpc-cross-compiler now
> (without installing the new gcc as my native compiler;is this really
> necessary?), but I have still problems with the configure options:

No, you shouldn't need to install gcc as your native compiler. However, you
need to make two passes at building your powerpc-linux-gcc cross. Before
building libc, configure it with:
    configure --with-languages=c --with-newlib

The '--with-newlib' should stop it complaining about libc missing, but the
libiberty build will still fail because of the missing headers. Nevertheless,
you can 'make install' and move on to configure/build glibc. After installing
glibc, go back and reconfigure & rebuild gcc (and g++ if you want it) without
the '--with-newlib' option.

Good luck!
Graham