Mika Kuoppala mak at icon.fi
Mon Jan 3 22:40:00 EST 2000

On Fri, 24 Dec 1999, Raphael Bossek wrote:

> i hope i can find some time make pictures after my vacation of the running
> system in the meantime i fight with cross-compiler creation and so on...
>
> WHY DOES REISERFS NOT WORK WITH POWERPC !

Short and stupid answer would be: because it is not ported yet.
Hans Reiser states that it is not yet supporting anything but i386
architecture. But i remember he mentioning that if some company
wants it bad, with some financial support he can port it.

When someone needs it urgently enough he/she will port it,
or give Hans Reiser a motivation donation so that he would do it :)

 --
> Raphael Bossek <raphael.bossek at solutions4linux.de> [ICQ #40047651]
> PGP fingerprint: DF 6F 2C 76 46 1E B4 1C  5B A5 2E 1B FC E0 D3 F6
> PGP public key: http://www.solutions4linux.de/private/pgpkey.asc

Yep. Debian rocks.

-- Mika