LinuxPPC2000 on MPC860

Ruedi.Hofer at ascom.ch Ruedi.Hofer at ascom.ch
Thu Feb 24 22:59:28 EST 2000

Some further info.

I'm right now using the ramdisk.image.gz from the LinuxPPC-2000-lite cdrom
as nfs mounted rootdisk. (I installed the ramdisk on the PC)

Like that I get an error message right after the kernel has booted:

>Looking up port of RPC 100003/2 on 10.1.20.2
>Looking up port of RPC 100005/1 on 10.1.20.2
>VFS: Mounted root (NFS filesystem) readonly.
>Freeing unused kernel memory: 32k init
>tty_io.c: process 1 (swapper) used obsolete /dev/cua0 - update software to use /dev/ttyS0

I found out that the kernel generates this error message in drivers/char/tty_io.c .

Does someone know what this error message means? How to avoid it?

TIA, Ruedi