LinuxPPC2000 on MPC860

Ruedi.Hofer at ascom.ch Ruedi.Hofer at ascom.ch
Thu Feb 24 21:01:00 EST 2000

Hi

I recently donwloaded the LinuxPPC_2000_lite CD from the LinuxPPC.com page.

Included in this distribution are the libc6 libs, of which I thought, would be nice to have
on my embedded ADS860.
(Having these libs running on my board, I would be able to cross build an application using
shared libs. So far I have libc5 on my PPC target, but cross libc6 on my i386 host)

Unfortunately, right after booting the kernel, it hangs in an infinite loop. I guess that loading
ld.so fails.... (Just a guess, don't know how to debug that.)

Questions:

1. Did someone try LinuxPPC 2000 on MPC860? experience??

2. Should this libc6 work theoretically on MPC860?

3. Does the kernel know something about the dyn. linker ld? Do I have to recompile or
    patch the kernel??

4. Does someone have the cross compiler for the old libc5 ready on the i386 host?

Cheers, Ruedi